Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Underwater Galleries AUG9447 Tiny Java Man Head Glo Fish Decor

Underwater Galleries AUG9447 Tiny Java Man Head Glo Fish DecorI have a divided aquarium with betta fish on either side, and put this item on one side. Soon afterward, that entire side of the tank was being overrun by brown algae-on the live plants, on the tank's walls, and of course on the Glo Head decor. I looked into the causes of brown algae and reconditioned the water to remove nitrate and other materials diatoms need to thrive from the tank. I cleared the entire tank out, cleaned everything, and cycled the tank. Without thinking about it, I put the Glo Head on the opposite side of the tank from where it previously rested. Soon, more brown algae started enveloping the side of the tank on which the Glo Head was placed. The only conclusion to be drawn is that because this item is made of some kind of stone and is not covered by any protective glaze or coating, it contains the minerals that are needed for brown algae to form and spread. I have removed the Glo Head, and after about two weeks, the brown algae is almost gone.

Even if the Glo Head didn't promote algae growth, I wouldn't buy it again, as it barely glows and that weak glow only emanates from the eyebrow area and a few dots on the face.

Kind of. Just the eyebrows seem to glow. I guess that's less creepy than the whole head but it would have been nice if it just had a little more glow to it.

Buy Underwater Galleries AUG9447 Tiny Java Man Head Glo Fish Decor Now

i have led lighting for my glow fish with a bright setting for day time and a dark setting( blue light) for night time. i was expecting this to glow under the dark setting but it does not. the only time it glows is if all the lights are completely turned off, but then i cant see my fish, so i was a tad bit disappointed, however my fish love to hide and swim through the mouth so its a good decoration

Read Best Reviews of Underwater Galleries AUG9447 Tiny Java Man Head Glo Fish Decor Here

Bigger than I thought. V cool. Well priced too. Shipped quickly. It would look great w some moss growing on top .

Want Underwater Galleries AUG9447 Tiny Java Man Head Glo Fish Decor Discount?

i bought the java head for my son because he wanted decor for his leopard gecko. it is much bigger than i thought. the leopard gecko will probably fit through it's mouth. we like it. it glows. i DEFINITELY recommend it.

Save 13% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment